This 2 day course explores various techniques related to automation and deployment, discusses their implementation, and includes a number of hands-on exercises to help you experience DevOps and Continuous Integration first-hand. You will have your own (or can optionally share) pre-configured server hosting a number of familiar tools. By the end of the course, you will learn how to leverage various issue tracking, source control, database, and automation tools to build a robust and flexible DevOps/Continuous Delivery workflow.
– Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management
– IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile service design environment
The following IT roles:
- DevOps engineers
- Integration specialists
- Operations managers
- System administrators
- Network administrators
- Project managers
- Business managers
- Automation architects
Individuals after going through the Practical DevOps & Continuous Delivery course will have demonstrated their understanding to:
- Explore DevOps and Continuous Delivery fundamentals.
- Explain and implement an automated build process.
- Apply the testing formula to make decisions related to testing and compare different situations to decide the test approach.
- Identify the business value offered by the automation of deployment.
- Identify the unique challenges of database changes compared to code changes.
- Outline a database deployment process suitable for continuous delivery.
- Manage application configuration files.
- Explain the software delivery as a business process.
- Diagnose the software delivery process.
- Understand the security and process controls.
- Define infrastructure automation and discuss the relationship between infrastructure and an application.
- Identify the need of implementing DevOps and Continuous Delivery (CD) with the help of real-life analogies.
- Describe the key challenges of implementing DevOps and CD.
After going through the course, you will obtain the following benefits:
- Experience DevOps tools hands-on.
- Learn how to leverage various issue tracking, source control, database, and automation tools to build a robust and flexible DevOps/Continuous Delivery workflow.