Integrated learning means combining what one learns in the classroom, whether it is theory or technique, with the solution of real-world problems for real-world “clients.” The ILP runs under CLI by incorporating live projects where learners apply every module or course that they go through. No exams or tests are under taken for each of the courses that are currently running under this program. Learners will fulfill requirements to get a Skills Gap Certificate and experience reference for delivering their tasks on the assigned project. The ILP has been piloted for Software Testing since 2020 and Datamate has developed a solid program that runs in two for six (6) and twelve (12) months depending on the needs of the learner. ILPs are parttime and most of the work and class attendance is done after work. The program limits theoretical sessions as most of the time learners will executing tasks. ILPs are 100% online and the live projects are purely online.
Software Testing ILP (STILP)
This program is open to software testers who wants to move to test automation or new comers to software testing and currently working or University/ College students who are left with one year to graduate. ILP brings a new approach and a good opportunity for students to build their software testing career and gaining experience at the same time before graduating. Moreover, ILP assist new comers to software testing to earn one (1) experience on manual and test automation on live projects whilst they are still working. The program is divided into two periods:
This program runs for six (6) months and learners will attend three (3) virtual sessions every week on after working hours. The learning outcomes for the six (6) months are as below:
- Learners must be able to perform exploratory testing
- Learners must be able to carry out test analysis on available test bases
- Learners must be able to design test plans, low and high level test cases, design a simple report to communicate test metrics; and to execute test cases
- Learners must be able to participate in all Scrum rituals
- Learners must be able to report and monitor defect life cycle
- Learners must be able to utilize at least on test management tool
- Learners must be able to perform to API testing using available tools
- Learners must be able to test web applications.
- Learners must be able to perform backend testing using SQL
This program runs for twelve (12) months and learners will attend three (3) virtual sessions every week. The core objective of the twelve months program is to develop QAs/ Test Engineers skilled in both manual and test automation. The learning outcomes include the STILP-6 outcomes and additional as highlighted below:
- Learners must be able to test web services using test automation tools
- Learners must be able to perform performance testing on web apps and APIs/Microservices
- Learners must be able to write Selenium scripts using Java and Python as they the programming languages in demand.
Pre-requisites to Enroll in the program
They are no specific pre-requisites as long a prospective learner has access to a computer and internet. The prospective learner must submit their CV to be considered for the program to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference STILP.
A deposit is needed for all programs as agreed upon by the admin office and differs from one person to another. The STILP-6 program is valued at R15,000.00 and the STILP-12 program at R30,000.00. Once a deposit has been paid, a flexible payment plan can be made. Our payment plans cater for individuals who are currently not working. NO EXCUSE FOR NOT JOINING THE STILP PROGRAM!!
Learners going through this program are only encouraged to go for one certification to increase their chances of being employed. The Center of Integrated Learning (CIL) on successful completion of the program will issue a certificate. The certificate will only be issued out after all assigned activities have been completed and submitted for review to the Instructors.
There is high demand of Software Testers worldwide due to an increase of software applications. There are many companies now hiring remote QA Engineers/ Software Testers from America, UK , South Africa and Australia but there is shortage of test automation skills to test APIs/Microservices , Web and Mobile Applications; and backend. If you have graduated with an IT qualification and currently not working, this is an opportunity for you and not to be missed.
Contact us today on email@example.com for the next intake.